In today’s world, people are buying everything from groceries to new cars online. If you want to buy or sell a house, you could be using the power of the internet to make things easier. From expansive online listings to virtual tours, the digital world provides tools and techniques for both buyers and sellers to have a better real estate experience.
Tips for Buying Homes
Not long ago, finding new home listings meant visiting your real estate agent in their office and going through the options with them. Today, you can find them online. These are a few tips to help you enjoy a better shopping experience:
- Check Out Virtual Tours: Ever since real estate agents started having websites, we have been trying to make better virtual tours. In some cases, a tour may just be made up of photographs. However, you can also take a 3D tour of many homes. In some cases, you may even be able to use virtual reality to explore a possible home.
- Get the Full View: You can get a drone-based bird’s-eye view of many properties. This is a nice way to see the home from a different perspective. It can also help you get a better sense of the area around the house.
- Furnish Your Home Virtually: Whether you use photos or visit in person, you can use augmented reality tools to help digitally furnish a house. This is a nice way to get a better sense of the property.
- Home Buying Process Digitalized: Now that you found your perfect home, it’s time to fill out an offer, get the home inspected, and start the mortgage process. Thanks to technology all of these steps can also be done from the comfort of your home. For example, you can review and sign the entered sale contract from the comfort of your own space. The inspection company will conduct the inspection and send you a comprehensive report to review and discuss with them and the lender can handle all of the documents they need to obtain for your mortgage through their secure portal.
Tips for Selling Homes
Technology can help sellers too. While your real estate agent will likely handle much of this for you, knowing the tools can help you sell your home quicker and for top dollar:
- Go 3D: Giving a three-dimensional virtual tour can really help to sell the property. A 360-degree camera can make quick work of capturing your home’s beauty and character.
- Streamline the Sale Online: By leveraging new technologies such as signing documents online, you can streamline the process. This makes it easier for everyone involved.
- Stage it Digitally: Staging your home can be a powerful technique. However, you probably still need to live there even while selling it. A good compromise is to stage it digitally.
These tips can help you make your real estate dreams come true. Of course, it is even easier when you have the right help in your corner.
Achieve Your Philly Real Estate Goals
Philadelphia is a beautiful city filled with vibrant and distinct neighborhoods. Whether you love Passyunk, Center City, Fox Chase, or anywhere in between, Ian Perler Team real estate can help you sell your home or buy the perfect new one. Check out our listings and contact us today to get started.